Furality Online Xperience is the furry convention that celebrates the VR furry fandom!
Furality, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity that operates a semi-annual online convention, which is made possible by our innovative and exciting use of virtual reality. By combining the best parts of VR and the furry community, we’ve created an immersive event that brings together the furry fandom in an extraordinary way.
Why Furality needs you!
The Furality team is a close-knit and diverse group of furries that are passionate about driving the VR furry fandom forward and having fun! You'll need to be 18 years of age or older to participate as a member of the Furality team.
Since our team is located around the world, all Furality team members work together remotely using our organization's collaboration tools, such as Discord and Notion.
What you'll do!
As a UI/Visual Designer, you will help our DevOps team design a user-friendly interface that addresses the needs of the attendees and staff for our websites, in collaboration with our UX Designer. The main focus will be the Furality F.O.X. Portal, which serves as a gateway to the convention for our attendees.
- Design UIs and flows for new and existing websites for Furality
- Create prototypes, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows as needed
- Use Figma to build out designs using design system components (all design tools are welcome, but we primarily use Figma)
- Choose iconography for interfaces, creating new icons as needed
- Own a part of our design system, utilizing, expanding, and creating new patterns while keeping in mind the big picture
- Provide guidance on design system component usage, based on agreed-upon conventions and best practices
- Focus on communication and clarity in design, rather than decoration (First it has to work. Then it has to work well. Then it has to feel good. Then it has to look good, as the cherry on top.)
- Keep in mind accessibility standards while designing UI
- Collaborate with Team Leads, Developers, and UX team members
- Identify opportunities and refine other people’s ideas, while also coming up with your own
- Participate in testing sessions to test designs with real users
- Work with UXers and software engineers to guide implementation of designs, and solve complex problems as they arise
- Articulate design decisions to the team
- Experience in interaction and visual design for responsive websites
- A portfolio that demonstrates your process for designing usable interfaces and interactions (the finished designs are helpful, but we want to see how you got there)
- Experience with standard UI design software (e.g. Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch)
- Great communication skills — You can articulate your design decisions, and the reason for those decisions
- Great at giving and receiving constructive feedback
Extra skills that make our tails wag!
- Professional experience designing for complex or enterprise products and applications
- Open-mindedness, with an eye for new possibilities
- Experience with Figma
- Familiarity with atomic design / component-based design principles
- A degree in graphic design, UX design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with Motion Design
- Experience working within, and contributing to, a design system
- Experience designing for VR applications